A friend of mine claimed to be an expert in computers. Further, he asked me to throw any Computer Science term at him, and he’d tell me its meaning in a jiffy.
I’m going to illustrate a few of the answers that I got from him.
- Argument: The thing that two people get in when they disagree
- Function: A procedure to do something; alternatively a party
- Environment: Surrounding
- String: A material consisting of threads of some material twisted together
- Thread: a long, thin strand of cotton, nylon, or other fibres used in sewing or weaving.
- Statement: Something you say
At this point, I received a call from a batchmate, who was stuck on an assignment. I guess when you say, “Dude! Check if the parent is killing the child correctly” over the phone, it’s bound to raise some eyebrows.
- Constant Variable: An oxymoron?
- Bug: A creature that is small and crawls
- Runtime: Time when you should go for running?
- Heap: A random stack of objects
- Python: Obviously a kind of snake
- RTFM: Kamasutra
Contributions from Dheerendra.